Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another basket, an oops and a card-

Good evening everyone! Wow have we been busy busy busy! I love summer with the kids!


So I made another attempt at the picnic basket. I made the large one this time- I like it better and feel like I can decorate it more! Here it is:




It's hard to see but I used stickles on the flourishes and am still figuring out how to make the ribbon stand up- I may tie the two pieces together after I fill it with treats. I already know that for the next one I am going to make it with butterflies!

Another project I worked on today was a birthday card for my mother-in-law. The first time I tried it, I decided to use my brayer to add some color over the background (kind of like Michelle Zindorf does so beautifully). The only problem is I am not so good with the brayer. I embossed the flowers and vines before using the brayer. Here is the card-



My plan was to add a third blue flower and pop dot it and also to cover the center of the green flowers with buttons or brads.

Anyway- didn't love it (don't have to wonder why) so instead I made this card-


Same idea, I pop dotted the blue one, added sparkles and used my foam tool to add some slight blue color for the background.

Thanks so much for taking time to peek at my blog- have a wonderful night!

Jean :)

No comments:

Post a Comment